Little Rock

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Board

+2
DaleM
Amy
6 posters

Songs that mean something to you

Amy
    Amy

Songs that mean something to you Empty Songs that mean something to you

Post  Amy Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:34 pm

You know how sometimes, when you hear a song for the first time and you listen to the lyrics and you think: 'Wow, that guy/girl just described my life.'

Or sometimes, when you listen to a song, you see a certain scenery. For example when you've been in a certain place and during that time, you've listened to this song a lot and every time you hear it, you see that place.

For example, whenever I listen to Evanescence's "Snow White Queen", I see Scotland. During my stay in Scotland, all I listened to was Evanescence's "The Open Door" album because it'd just come out. I liked Snow White Queen best, so whenever I hear that song, it's like I'm back in Scotland. Scotland was great, so that's a good thing.

Or, for example, whenever I hear Staind's "Outside", I remember that first year of being together with Shaun. I always see us sitting in his room talking. We were both having quite a hard time, but I still get a warm feeling when I hear Outside, because it still was a very loving atmosphere.

What about you guys?
    DaleM
    DaleM

Songs that mean something to you Empty Re: Songs that mean something to you

Post  DaleM Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Whenever I hear Soil's "Halo", it reminds me of the boxing camp. Us guys from the fight team constantly listened to that song. The boxing camp was awesome.

Unfortunately, due to this memory, I always get kind of aggressive when I listen to the song. Cause, you know, it was a boxing camp. Lotsa bloody noses ya know.

Lol.
    PatrickMiller
    PatrickMiller
    Admin

Post  PatrickMiller Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:39 pm

I always listened to Portishead's "Roads" during a very tough time in my life, so now whenever I hear that song, it reminds me of that time and depresses me.

It's a pity cause I really love that song. But I can't listen to it anymore.
    Beth
    Beth

Post  Beth Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:42 pm

^ Roads is SUCH a depressing song dude. I don't have any bad memories attatched to it and it still makes me sad whenever I listen to it.

Anyway. For a very long time, I couldn't listen to Metallica's 'Nothing Else Matters' anymore. That's right, the most beautiful song ever, I couldn't listen to it. Because that's the song I had on repeat after Daniel broke up with me. I listened to that song about fourhundred times in those 'three days of grieving'. So for about half a year, whenever I heard NEM, I got emotionally pitchforked back to those very tough three days.

I'm over it now, though. Luckily. Because NEM really is one of the best songs ever written.
    Shaun
    Shaun

Post  Shaun Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Amy wrote:Or, for example, whenever I hear Staind's "Outside", I remember that first year of being together with Shaun. I always see us sitting in his room talking. We were both having quite a hard time, but I still get a warm feeling when I hear Outside, because it still was a very loving atmosphere.

Right... we really listened to that song all the time.
    Seeing as I've heard this song about five million times, I wonder when it's gonna start getting on my nerves. It hasn't started yet.

DaleM wrote:Whenever I hear Soil's "Halo", it reminds me of the boxing camp. Us guys from the fight team constantly listened to that song. The boxing camp was awesome.

Yes. So awesome. Lol. Whenever we're all out together, and Halo gets played in a club, Dale and me just have to high-five. It's like... telepathy. Halo starts, and Dale and me look at each other, high-five and go like: Hell yeah! big grin

Anyway. I'm not sure how to say this. I don't like the guy at all. And I hate his music. I hate the whole genre. I'm talking about Eminem. Lol. Feel free to shoot me! I really don't know many songs, just the most known, and I don't like either of them but one, namely Mockingbird. The lyrics of that song had me literally go, like Amy said: "Wow, that guy just described my life."
    Listen to it, you'll understand.
    Johnnyboy
    Johnnyboy

Post  Johnnyboy Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:00 pm

^ Respect for actually admitting to liking an Eminem song, Shaun. big grin

As for me, whenever I listen to Sentenced's "End of the Road", I see 'the seven of us' at Greenbay. We spent basically the whole summer of '05 there, remember? And we listened to End of the Road a lot. It just reminds me of old times. The trouble, as well as the friendships and experiences. I can't say what kinda feeling it triggers in me. I think it can be best described as bitter-sweet.
    Amy
    Amy

Post  Amy Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:05 pm

^ Yeah. Bitter-sweet pretty much nails it.

And about Mockingbird, first of all, LOL. And second, I totally get it. I didn't listen to the song, but I read the lyrics. And I honestly gotta say, they're actually pretty good. And very moving.
    Shaun
    Shaun

Post  Shaun Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:11 pm

End of the Road, huh. Bitter-sweet does nail it. Well it was more bitter than it was sweet, but oh well.

EDIT: Anthem of the Angels by Breaking Benjamin. Because up to date - and I admit this - it's the only song that's made me cry.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:17 am