Little Rock

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Board

+18
Alex
Chris
Beth
Jared
Carly
Mikail
Leslie
Blair
Teena
Johnnyboy
Dorian
Santarrr
DaleM
Jimmy
Amy
Danny
Cynthia
Mike
22 posters

What's been going on here?

Mike
    Mike

What's been going on here? Empty What's been going on here?

Post  Mike Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:32 am

Say can anyone tell me what the deal with this 'secret other board' and various members being stirred up against each other for no valid reason?
    I obviously missed out on some things lately, anyone bother to clear that up for me?
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

What's been going on here? Empty Re: What's been going on here?

Post  Cynthia Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:35 am

You don't know a thing about this?
    Didn't you get the PM? I thought Blair had sent it to everyone.
    Big dramastorm. You know? Ah we better not dig this up again...
    Mike
    Mike

Post  Mike Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:37 am

Cynthia wrote:You don't know a thing about this?
    Didn't you get the PM? I thought Blair had sent it to everyone.
    Big dramastorm. You know? Ah we better not dig this up again...

What PM? What does Blair have to do with that?
    And what does 'we better not dig it up again' mean - say is it possible that I'm away for a week and all hell breaks lose on here???
    Somebody please explain this to me!
    Danny
    Danny

Post  Danny Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:39 am

Mike wrote:
    What PM? What does Blair have to do with that?

Blair sent a PM to most of this forum's members talking about another website/forum of a few other members of this board. I can forward it to you if you want to.
    Amy
    Amy

Post  Amy Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:40 am

Danny wrote:
    Blair sent a PM to most of this forum's members talking about another website/forum of a few other members of this board. I can forward it to you if you want to.

Please don't. Please guys let this come to pass. We're all completely fed up with it as it is.
    Jimmy
    Jimmy

Post  Jimmy Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:35 am

Amy wrote:Please don't. Please guys let this come to pass. We're all completely fed up with it as it is.

Yeah I imagine you'd say that given you're a part of the 'other board'... Rolling Eyes
    DaleM
    DaleM

Post  DaleM Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:42 am

Guys. A few members of this board here having a private forum for themselves is not breaking any rules. It's not violating against any law. It's not unfair towards anyone.

Blair twisted the screencaps to make the quotes look completely negative by photoshopping some of them, and there's proof of that. She made them look like insults and backstabbing, but that's not what happened.
    Santarrr
    Santarrr

Post  Santarrr Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:44 am

DaleM wrote:Guys. A few members of this board here having a private forum for themselves is not breaking any rules. It's not violating against any law. It's not unfair towards anyone.

Blair twisted the screencaps to make the quotes look completely negative by photoshopping some of them, and there's proof of that. She made them look like insults and backstabbing, but that's not what happened.

QFT.

The members of the private forum don't have to answer to anyone on this matter, it's Blair who we all expect an explanation if not an apology of.
    Dorian
    Dorian

Post  Dorian Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:49 am

Honestly, what kind of sense would it make for Blair to photoshop quotes from 'your private forum' to make them sound like you were bashing this forum? It doesn't make much sense to me. I mean a) why would you do that? b) how does it benefit Blair? and c) how was this whole thing covered up so well that nobody here got any information apart from the PM from Blair and the subsequent PM from Pat?
    Just curious.
    Johnnyboy
    Johnnyboy

Post  Johnnyboy Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:51 am

Santarrr wrote:
    The members of the private forum don't have to answer to anyone on this matter, it's Blair who we all expect an explanation if not an apology of.

Nobody owes anyone an apology because both sides (the members of the private forum and Blair + supporters) made mistakes and are thus square. It's none of anyone's business apart from the people involved. No need to start any drama over something you're not a part of.
    Teena
    Teena

Post  Teena Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:59 am

Jimmy wrote:Yeah I imagine you'd say that given you're a part of the 'other board'... Rolling Eyes

It's always the people who are in the deepest that try to make it look like it's nothing, Jim. Wink
    I'd like an explanation as well.

Why would you guys have a private forum when this is a completely free-for-all board as it is? I mean what do you need an extra space to talk for - if you didn't talk about anything that's 'none of our business'? Rolling Eyes
    Blair
    Blair

Post  Blair Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:02 pm

DaleM wrote:Guys. A few members of this board here having a private forum for themselves is not breaking any rules. It's not violating against any law. It's not unfair towards anyone.

1.) I didn't photoshop anything.
    2.) Yes, that obviously is what happened.
    3.) IAW Teena; why would you have a 'secret place to talk' if the subject matters weren't supposed to be secret?

I did what I did and it was right; and none of you can tell me otherwise. I don't owe anyone an explanation, let alone an apology.
    Amy
    Amy

Post  Amy Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:Nobody owes anyone an apology because both sides (the members of the private forum and Blair + supporters) made mistakes and are thus square. It's none of anyone's business apart from the people involved. No need to start any drama over something you're not a part of.

Thank you! Finally someone who gets it!

Dorian wrote:Honestly, what kind of sense would it make for Blair to photoshop quotes from 'your private forum' to make them sound like you were bashing this forum? It doesn't make much sense to me. I mean a) why would you do that? b) how does it benefit Blair? and c) how was this whole thing covered up so well that nobody here got any information apart from the PM from Blair and the subsequent PM from Pat?
    Just curious.

a) My point exactly --> if any of the members of the private forum have something to say about other members from here, they would certainly not do it on the internet because that's plain stupid and bound to end in a disaster.

b) Well it benefited her god-complex. She just did that for attention. (And the caps were photoshopped.)

c) Because Pat tried to keep the drama to a minimum, which I'm really thankful for. Yes, threads have been deleted and members got temp bans, but it was all for the greater good. Nobody wants to go to a place that looks like Russia in WW2, and that's what these 'unnamed members' made it look like.

Teena wrote:Why would you guys have a private forum when this is a completely free-for-all board as it is? I mean what do you need an extra space to talk for - if you didn't talk about anything that's 'none of our business'? Rolling Eyes

Because there happen to be things that the members of the private forum would like to discuss within the closed society of their own board. If you have any problems you don't go shouting them around the world either, do you? We never talked shit about any members of this board. I didn't at least.
    Leslie
    Leslie

Post  Leslie Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Amy wrote:
    a) My point exactly --> if any of the members of the private forum have something to say about other members from here, they would certainly not do it on the internet because that's plain stupid and bound to end in a disaster.

Well you did. You asked for disaster, here you have it.

Amy wrote:b) Well it benefited her god-complex. She just did that for attention. (And the caps were photoshopped.)

She wanted us to know the truth. She wanted us to know what's really going on here. Is that a reason to ban her? Pat temp banned her from this forum so she couldn't say more than she already did. And you go and pretend like we're all idiots who failed at life, guess who's the real idiot here.

Amy wrote:c) Because Pat tried to keep the drama to a minimum, which I'm really thankful for. Yes, threads have been deleted and members got temp bans, but it was all for the greater good. Nobody wants to go to a place that looks like Russia in WW2, and that's what these 'unnamed members' made it look like.

Pat didn't keep the drama to a minimum, he kept us from getting to know the truth. Period.

Amy wrote:We never talked shit about any members of this board. I didn't at least.

Ha. Yeah right. We have seen proof that you did, it's too late to deny it.
    Mikail
    Mikail

Post  Mikail Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Blair wrote:
    1.) I didn't photoshop anything.
    2.) Yes, that obviously is what happened.
    3.) IAW Teena; why would you have a 'secret place to talk' if the subject matters weren't supposed to be secret?

I did what I did and it was right; and none of you can tell me otherwise. I don't owe anyone an explanation, let alone an apology.

Well with today's technology, you really can't tell if something is photoshopped or real. So even if the members of the private forum posted screencaps of the board to prove what has really been said, it wouldn't be 100% believeable because, as I said, you can render any picture and make it look like that's how it happened. The only trustworthy source for us to find out what's really been said is a link to the private forum. Can we have one? Since you have nothing to hide anyway?
    Carly
    Carly

Post  Carly Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Leslie wrote:
    She wanted us to know the truth. She wanted us to know what's really going on here. Is that a reason to ban her? Pat temp banned her from this forum so she couldn't say more than she already did. And you go and pretend like we're all idiots who failed at life, guess who's the real idiot here.

Pat also temp banned me because 'I'm just fishing for drama and until this whole debate has died down, it'd be better for everyone if I just shut up.'

I mean... WTF. There've been quite a few things that Blair didn't mention in her PM, and due to my temp ban for this ridiculous and unfair reason, I'm very tempted to publish them.
    Amy
    Amy

Post  Amy Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Leslie wrote:Well you did. You asked for disaster, here you have it.

We never asked for disaster, we tried to achieve the exact opposite. I might have some things about other people that weren't nice, BUT it's not like I never said these things to their faces. If I have a problem with anyone, I tell them personally. That's how I do it. You can accuse me of being a bitch, but you can't accuse me of backstabbing because I never did that and no matter how many quotes you screencap and photoshop, you will never make it look like I did/do. End of story.

Leslie wrote:She wanted us to know the truth. She wanted us to know what's really going on here. Is that a reason to ban her? Pat temp banned her from this forum so she couldn't say more than she already did. And you go and pretend like we're all idiots who failed at life, guess who's the real idiot here.

Talking shit about other members is a reason to ban people from this forum, yes. It's in the rules. Re-check your info before posting, smartass.

Carly wrote:
    Pat also temp banned me because 'I'm just fishing for drama and until this whole debate has died down, it'd be better for everyone if I just shut up.'

That is definitely not how he said it. Be honest with yourself. That's just what you interpreted it to mean. Which is wrong.

Carly wrote:I mean... WTF. There've been quite a few things that Blair didn't mention in her PM, and due to my temp ban for this ridiculous and unfair reason, I'm very tempted to publish them.

Haha, okay, go ahead, post what you know. I'm curious what you think you can throw at us.
    You don't know shit.
    Jared
    Jared

Post  Jared Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Mikail wrote:The only trustworthy source for us to find out what's really been said is a link to the private forum. Can we have one? Since you have nothing to hide anyway?

Bump! I wanna have the link, too!
    Beth
    Beth

Post  Beth Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Oh my gosh, guys, what the hell is going on here?!

Are you really starting a war over something as unimportant as this?

A few members of this board have their own private board, so what? We're entitled to our own place to talk, what's wrong with that? o.O

Blair misunderstood some things that were said on there and the PM was merely a panic reaction. Most of the stuff in it is just not true.

You guys are blowing things way out of proportion.
    Teena
    Teena

Post  Teena Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Okay then can we have a members list of the private forum? Judging from my understanding, it's a sub-forum of this board that is only visible to approved members of this board, right? So a link to the board, as Mikail suggested, wouldn't work for the ones who wanna read it because, well, we're not approved.

And Amy, about the god-complex. Re-read the last two sentences in the above paragraph. Who has the god-complex, Blair or 'the chosen few'?
    Chris
    Chris

Post  Chris Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Teena wrote:Okay then can we have a members list of the private forum?

Pat asked me to post the members list. I'm not becoming a part of this fight and this is the only time I'll visit this thread. So here you go:

What's been going on here? Screenshot

Last edited by Chris on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alex
    Alex

Post  Alex Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:10 pm

^ And can you tell me why these eleven people are considered worthy of being in this super-group and the rest of us aren't?
    Carly
    Carly

Post  Carly Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Amy wrote:We never asked for disaster, we tried to achieve the exact opposite.

By making fun of us and saying nasty stuff about us? That's an interesting strategy to avoid drama, really.

Amy wrote:I might have some things about other people that weren't nice, BUT it's not like I never said these things to their faces. If I have a problem with anyone, I tell them personally. That's how I do it. You can accuse me of being a bitch, but you can't accuse me of backstabbing because I never did that and no matter how many quotes you screencap and photoshop, you will never make it look like I did/do. End of story.

Just because you say it to their faces as well doesn't make it any better.

Amy wrote:
    Talking shit about other members is a reason to ban people from this forum, yes. It's in the rules. Re-check your info before posting, smartass.

Well how bout you re-check your info, cause you PF members bashed members of this forum likewise. Does that mean you should get banned as well, as stated in the rules? I do think so.

Amy wrote:That is definitely not how he said it. Be honest with yourself. That's just what you interpreted it to mean. Which is wrong.

Why don't you ask him? That is how he said it.

Amy wrote:
    Haha, okay, go ahead, post what you know. I'm curious what you think you can throw at us.
    You don't know shit.

Yeah, you wait. You'll see what you've got coming for you.
    DaleM
    DaleM

Post  DaleM Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Alex wrote:^ And can you tell me why these eleven people are considered worthy of being in this super-group and the rest of us aren't?

Pat and me were talking about having a forum (a new one, that doesn't have anything to do with this one here, with a different URL, all that) but since stuff like that costs money we just decided we'd have our own forum within this one. Can you tell me what the point in having two different forums with the exact same members is? No. Because there is none.

Everyone can go ahead and ask Pat to open a sub-forum for them and their friends as well.

There is nothing wrong with having a private place to talk. It's not like we were plotting your demise there. Please don't overshoot it. Getting so worked up about this is childish and pathetic.
    Santarrr
    Santarrr

Post  Santarrr Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:Nobody owes anyone an apology because both sides (the members of the private forum and Blair + supporters) made mistakes and are thus square. It's none of anyone's business apart from the people involved. No need to start any drama over something you're not a part of.

I am a part of the private forum, thank you John.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:16 am